Thursday 28 April 2022

Still more Shenanigans - Team Slow Lane

 Once again, there's a Slow Lane challenge - which is an opportunity to revisit incomplete homework, or in my case, an early Shenanigan... I haven't touched the handspun, handwoven tape in the year+ since the first Shenanigans... making it my OLDEST unfinished FU project.

I was... ambitious... when I warped this - there's a LOT of yardage waiting for me to get to it...

So how did I do? 
Progress was made! I added about half again what there was originally - the thread marker is the point where I stopped after the first Shenanigans.

Obligatory last-possible-second bedspread shot...
The thread marker is where I stopped after the first Shenanigans, December 2020.


I really like how this yarn behaves when I'm working with it - there's just something about handspun that FEELS so much better, and more lively, than millspun... and there's enough twist that I'm having no issues with clearing the shed, or any of the other problems that can occur when working with commercial weaving yarns.

This is staying in my active projects until I finish it - I have ideas about where it needs to go, and it's a nice, easy pattern to take anywhere... it's a simple 5-thread alternating S/Z 'knot' or 'skein', done in Baltic-style pickup, on a floating rigid heddle.

I debated changing the pattern, and adding an extra twist to the motif, but I think I like it as-is. That's a modification I'll probably do in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment