Thursday 28 April 2022

Still More Shenanigans - We all Need a Shrink

 Pocket 'paca, and going TRULY batty...

I'll admit - I LOVE the challenge of working at a small scale... so this is my favourite category. It's nice to find uses for my standard yarns, other than knitting lace.

The added challenge this time, was I wanted to use my smallest tools, as well - so I pulled out the cross-arm spindles a friend had 3D printed as holiday ornaments, and put one into service as a working tool.

At 1.8g, it's _not_ the best at maintaining momentum, but it DOES work. The micro-pushka is a better option, though.


The Pocket 'Paca is my official entry... because I'm probably not batty enough to finish the other project in time for the reveal.

25 yards of alpaca - spun on the purple cross-arm, but no photos.
Micro-pushka and tiny ball of khaitu are for another entry.


My smallest cross-arm, and a TurtleMade Femto - which I used when I plied the alpaca.

itty-bitty 'paca butt... (giggle)

FiberTrends Alpaca pattern, writ smol. Those are 1mm needles


Still needs some sewing, fulling, and stuffing... but pretty close to the size I was hoping for!


And then, we get to the TRULY batty project.

In honour of our Fearless Shenanigator, Captain Caiman, I want to make an even _smaller_ bat... on even smaller needles. But for that, first I needed even smaller yarn.

I forgot to photograph this spindle the FIRST time I filled it, so of course I had to start another project...
Merino/Cashmere mill ends from a SpinTogether prize.


Not stupid fine, in part because the mill-ends are in sorta-cloud bits, and I didn't bother to re-process them, but this will do for my intended project attempt. 

The finished 30-yard skein, spun and plied on this spindle. Because FU, that's why.

I found some fairly inexpensive beading needles when browsing the Evil Empire - so they followed another order home... They could use a bit of blunting, which I'm sure I'll remember to do SOMEDAY... lol... but work pretty well.

This is 18sts, after knitting the first 5 rounds... 
...and yes, my needles have eyes - they're .64 mm beading needles, IIRC.

But that's as far as I got.

No comments:

Post a Comment